Moistening and exfoliating tonic with mandelic acid 5%, antibacterial
We offer a set for individual preparation of a tonic. The set contains elements for easy and quick preparation of a cosmetic at home, it does not contain water (hydrolate) and ethyl alcohol (spirit).
The tonic is recommended for people with acne, sebaceous as well as mature complexions. It shows exfoliating, cleansing, antibacterial and anti-aging properties. As a result of higher molecular mass of mandelic acid in comparison to glycolic acid, it has considerably milder as well as safer effects.
It fights against the strains of the following bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus proteus, Escherichia coli, Aerobacter aerogenes which are responsible for the creation of non-cystic inflammatory acne.
The mandelic acid does not make the skin sun sensitive, therefore, it can be used throughout the whole year, also as a result of the fact that it does not create discolorations in people who suffer from high phototype. Owing to this property, it is frequently referred to as “summer scrub” or “a scrub for everybody regardless the season”.
Similarly to other AHA acids, it can be crucial for after-sun therapies because it allows to restore freshness and glow to sun-tired skin.
Proper components of the set for the preparation of 100g of fluid:
- A mandelic acid– 5g
- A plant glycerin – 5g
- A hyaluronic acid 1% gel – 1g
- A vitamin B5 – 2g
- A preservative – 1g
- An extract from the flowers of black lilac (an antioxidant) – 3g
- A disposable pipette
- A label
- A bottle with closing and dosing system
The amount of all ingredients in the set is precisely measured.
Additional elements do not included in the set:
- Water or hydrolate: 76ml – measure by means of the attached pipette or in a beaker
- Ethyl alcohol (spirit): 5g – measure by means of the attached pipette or in a beaker
The preparation of the tonic:
- Checking whether you have all necessary ingredients.
- Measure a proper amount of water (hydrolate), spirit and pour the mandelic acid into the container (a glass or a beaker), next put everything in the heated bath and heat it to the temperature of 60°C, stirring until the crystals of acid dilute completely, simultaneously watching out not to sweat the solution.
- Add the preservative to the obtained solution and stir until it dilutes completely.
- Cool the solution down to the room temperature and next add the remaining ingredients attached to the set, remembering to pour them very precisely almost to the last drop while emptying receptacles.
- Finally, stir everything precisely.
- The tonic is ready to use.
The tonic may be stored in room temperature up to 21°C (a fridge is recommended).
The expiring date – 3 months