INCI: L-ASCORBIC ACID
Vitamin C that is L-ascorbic acid plays an important role in the functioning of a human organism. It takes part in transformations of tyrosine and synthesis of adrenal steroids. It also influences the maintenance of proper oxidation potential in the cell.
The basic indications for the use of vitamin C:
- wrinkles – a regular use can lead to almost complete removal of small wrinkles,
- vascular changes, it decreases erythema,
- discolorations created as a result of excessive exposure to sun,
- supplementation of the treatment with retinoic acid or AHA,
- skin conditioning before and after laser dermabrasion, all kinds of chemical scrubs (the acceleration of regenerative processes, consolidation of procedures’ effects),
- takes part in metabolic processes as a substance carrying electrons, cooperates in biosynthesis of collagen,
- accelerates the process of healing injuries and forming bone union,
- takes part in the regeneration of vitamin E,
- as a strong reductor, it acts against the process of oxidation caused by free radicals,
- increases organism’s immunity
- shows bacteriostatic and, in relation to some pathogenic microbes, even antibacterial properties.
L-ascorbic acid is the most effective and biologically active form of vitamin C. Its effectiveness and assimilation is specified by proper conditions that is low pH of 2-4, a proper concentration between 5% to 20% (the best effects are obtained with concentrations exceeding 15%).
Vitamin C is permanent if it is stored in a crystal form, in low temperature and without the access of light. As a result of its high sensitivity towards oxygen, UV radiation and high temperature in water solutions, for the purpose of preserving permanence, it is recommended to create a vitamin serum in small amounts and keeping it in a dark glass bottle. To increase permanence one can also add alcohol. It is commonly regarded as youth and health elixir. Vitamin C is one of the factors inhibiting cellular aging processes and takes part in supplying body with oxygen. It accelerates the treatment of burnings, makes scars more smooth and elastic and protects against sun radiation.
|Use||Anti-aging, antioxidating, regenerative and bleaching creams as well as emulsions for every complexion|
|Recommended concentration||From 5.0% to 20.0%.|
|Storage||Tightly shut receptacle in a fridge, protect against light|
|Expire date||Given on the label.|
The product is used in recipes: